With over a billion users on YouTube (almost 1/3 of all internet users), businesses should be maximizing their advertising efforts through video. With many social channels having increased their video capabilities to follow consumer trends, video is becoming the leading edge for businesses to reach and engage their audiences.
YouTube, known as “the world’s second-largest search engine,” is ranked as the most popular video site and has earned the highest levels of engagement with users spending an average of 40 minutes per session. The infographic below illustrates “Why You Should Be Using YouTube in 2016” and highlights the site’s growing recognition by other marketers.
- 33% of the world’s population are YouTube users — YouTube
- 74% of all internet traffic anticipated to be video by 2017 — Marketing Tech Blog
- 20% of 18–24 yr olds use YouTube to determine coolness factor before making a purchase — CPC Strategy
- 93% of marketers worldwide use video for digital marketing, sales or communication — MediaSilo
- 75% of users visit a marketer’s website after viewing a video — MediaSilo
- 52% of marketers worldwide say video content yields the best ROI — Marketing Tech Blog
- 1.84% average CTR for video ads—the highest of all digital ad formats — Business Insider
- 90% of customers are driven to a purchase decision by viewing a video online — Business 2 Community
If you need help crafting your video marketing strategy, Primary is always here to help